Hey so just wanted to let you all know that I actually am not on my mission right now, but I will be leaving into the field on Monday at 2:30 am! Its really weird, like Mexico missionaries only serve for 22 and a half months and they get detained for the other 6 weeks... anyways,I got to go to the temple this morning! Its under construction so we couldn't go Inside but the Mexico City Temple Is so Beautiful! Its probably the most Unique temple I have ever seen. In person or in picture! We got to see Elder Milkey who was in our zone in Detainment! Its been 2 weeks almost since they have left and he said that He is having a really hard time with the language. Presidente Pratt was the first Mexico MTC president and he is being released the day after we all leave which makes us officially the last group for the first Mission president in this MTC! Its really cool but also sad to be leaving because we basically feel like we are leaving America for reals this time but I cannot wait! there are like 25 to 30 of us going to Tuxtla gutierrez and about 7 of us are American. The Latinos here like us a lot because we know enough Spanish and they know enough English that we never have any problems communicating! Its super awesome especially when they choose to sit and eat meals with us all the time. Yesterday was our last day with Hermano Garza,he is getting married almost as I write this email right now! He is the guy in a few of the Pictures I sent and there is one of just him and I. He was really awesome and I'm going to miss him a lot especially because I will not likely ever see him again. We keep asking people about Tuxtla and they always tell us it is super hot but after that it is different. Now I know I will be eating Iguana, monkey, and armadillo,and it is illegal to kill Jaguars unless they attack you first so thats going to be great. Especially because I'm pretty sure missionaries aren't aloud to have machetes. Sorry my typing is pretty bad,but this computers keyboard is terrible and I care not to fix the errors because of dumbness haha.
A second bag costs 800 pesos which Im going to have to use my debit card to pay for but I am pretty sure we are going to get reimbursed by the church after we get to our areas. We have all decided that we arent going to go to bed the night before we leave because we would literally only get to have our eyes closed for 4 hours and nobody is going to be able to sleep anyways!
I am really glad that Kaley and Kyle are sending me emails now! Kyles emails help a lot to know that even though he is going through something way way different than me that I am not alone. A guy told us that in our mission and missions surrounding that people are so open to the gospel that he would be surprised if we didn't get a baptism almost every week of our mission! I am super excited because that Is going to be a lot of lives to change in just a really short amount of time!
I got a package from Dad 2 days ago which was full of Dr Pepper and I was super stoked because I just ran out the day before of Dr Pepper that grandma sent me after Christmas! I love my mission and I am learning so much all the time! I cant wait till I get in the field and actually start the work!
Five Fun Moments of the Week:
1. A little girl at the MTC said Hola to us just as we were walking here to email, and she was super cute!
2.We all decided to have rich snobby English names and laugh at jokes about how much money we pretend to have, It is super dumb but its really funny and everyone else seems to join along! My name was Lt. Colonel Harvey Specter.
3. The Latino class right next to ours likes to come over and talk to us all the time,there is a pretty good chance we will be companions with some of them out in the field.
4. Hermano Garza is going to email us and stay in touch with us during our missions so we can ask him questions.
5. Elder Kauvaka is the kind of person who wont let a morsel of food go to waste,and yesterday morning we had this awful chicken salad for breakfast and nobody ate it except for him. He was choking it down the whole time and on the second to last bite he threw up haha but the worst part is he swallowed it! He then finished the last bite and exclaimed how he was a man as he can grow beards, and chop wood, and swallow his own puke! he then proceeded to tell everyone how good the chicken salad was.
A Few of My Mission Goals:
My goal to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish by 6 months Is going along so well that I expect to actually finish by 4 months or so.
1. I want to read the entire quad by a year in my mission.
2.I want to be fluent in 4 months
3. I want to be perfect in speaking and writing by 1 year
4. I want to learn how to bear my testimony and pray in Mayan
No comments:
Post a Comment