Soo Last night was a little interesting... I lost a companion. The weird thing was we now have 12 in our district instead of 11... So Elder Johnson just came in from the Provo MTC because he didn't have a VISA yet, and now he does so he is Elder Giles' new companion, which breaks up the legendary trio haha! Elder Johnson is staying in our room now so we have 4 in the smallest room with only 1 sink! The funniest thing is he has a girlfriend who reported to the Mexico MTC yesterday and they both were on the same flight! He says it is pretty weird but he has already been used to being a missionary for 3 weeks now so Its not that different. We didn't end up getting to go to the temple today for a reason that is beyond me, but It is going to make it that much sweeter to go for next week! I already put all the pictures i have on my dropbox file. I am planning to get a haircut after I go lift in the gym today so I put a picture of me today as a before picture! I still feel like im not a missionary and I feel like my spanish isnt progressing but I talk more and more every day and I always feel pretty confident when I want to talk! My favorite days of the week are now Tuesdays and Sundays because we get devotionals and Tuesday is Pizza night! It is so weird to know that Jeremy reported yesterday! Now there are officially 10 missionaries serving from the Chico 2nd ward and the Gillingwaters have 1/5! Dont worry tho because the Strongs will be right in line when Seth Graduates! I am having a much better time with being homesick! Grandma sent me a box full of 12 bottles of Dr. Pepper and a huge tray of amazing brownies! I have been saving the DP for myself but we all enjoyed the brownies at our "Party"last night for the new year haha! I put on a picture of all the food we compiled together! The fireworks were insane! They started like 2 days ago but were non stop until like 4 am and there were people singing on loudspeakers ! I was so glad that I brought a ton of earplugs and I think i am going to sell some to the elders in my District hahah! Just kidding!
Five Fun Moments of the Week:
1. Hermano Garza is officially Señor Wishy washer because thats what he thought we called a dishwasher in English.
2. After district 10B leaves on monday we are going to get their nighttime helper-teacher Hermano Hernandez to help us every night and everybody likes him so much!
3. Elder Kitras (my only companion now) and I are still undecided whether or not we like not being in a trio anymore.
4. I got word that there is 2 feet of snow and below zero temperatures in Rexburg right now and it never gets below 60 degrees here!
5. I got to talk to a Hermana who is from Tuxtla Gutierrez! We talked a lot about how the food is and how the weather is, and also about how bad housing situations are! She said that in the city its actually Just a little bit warmer than here in the CCM and that the city is just like the ones surrounding us! Also the weather gets hotter the further away from big cities you get because nobody wanted to build where it was that hot haha!
| Elder Gillingwater and Elder Clark |
| Elder Kitras, Elder Gillingwater, Elder Giles |
| New Years Eve Party! |
No comments:
Post a Comment