Wednesday, February 11, 2015

First Baptism!!

02/ 09/2015 - Week #9

So much has gone on since the last time I emailed. I am feeling so much better this week and we are doing a lot of good work! We finally got money for taxis so we are planning to go to the far stretches of our area more during this next week. We met the standards of excellence this week which includes at least 140 contacts 21 lessons taught, 4 investigators in church, 8 lessons to less active or recent convert, and a baptism and confirmation is also necessary. I performed my first baptism this Saturday to a young girl named Aimee! She is 8 years old and is actually a citizen of both Mexico and the United States! We have been contacting like crazy and only had 2 new investigators until yesterday when we found 7 more! The people here are super awesome and always ready to hear a message about the Savoir. We Hopefully will have another baptism this Saturday with an investigator who just moved here last week and has already taken tons of lessons from the missionaries and has attended church over 5 times!
 My scripture reading is going super super well and I am planning to be done by the end of March with the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I started understanding Spanish a lot better yesterday so hopefully that means I am finally on the road to speaking perfect Spanish soon! Even though I miss home I am really starting to appreciate this great experience that I have. Its such an awesome place and I am really blessed with everything. I will not be switching homes anymore because the Hermanas have decided to not make us work an extra day for this than we have too which is really nice for us. 
We have been picking up our investigators before church on Sunday and this time we came with 3! The family of Aimee showed up also which makes us for 6 investigators at church Including Ivan the one who just moved here. 
We went to the market this morning and it is just like you see it on tv except bigger and there is raw meat hanging out in the open everywhere and it smells bad. It is supposed to get a lot hotter here come April so I am not really looking forward to that. Last night I figured out how to change the language of the movies we have from American Sign Language into English so Elder Patricio and I watched The testaments in our free time after training! i love that Movie so much!

Five Fun Moments of the Week: 
1. The Baptism of Aimee 

2. People still stare but I don't catch the adults unless they are drunk men or women who think I am Justin Beiber

3. Watching The Testaments

4. Teaching a lesson with 4 different investigators after a baptism this Saturday!

5. Hearing that there are a bunch of people here and back home who are preparing for missions. It is my ultimate goal to have an Investigator be a missionary and Lizandro is one of those who I am certain is going on a mission when he can finally go through the temple!

Aimee's Baptism
















No comments:

Post a Comment